Phase 2A Unit I – Information à Engineering Control / Pools Protocol
Certain lots within the development have an engineering control in place that must be modified in order to develop a pool on the lot. The engineering control is the result of environmental remediation and management activities designed to address soil issues associated with the historic use of the property as a golf course. The property has been remediated and managed in accordance with Florida laws and under the review of with Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
The engineering control on certain lots (the “Restricted Lots”) is two (2) feet of clean fill. The clean fill must remain in place. However, construction and/or removal of an in-ground pool on a Restricted Lot is not prohibited, as long as the requirements set forth in the Pool Installation Protocol are followed. The Pool Installation Protocol is designed to provide a step by step process for the installation, maintenance and removal of in-ground pools on the Restricted Lots. The process set forth in the Pool Installation Protocol generally requires:
- HOA approval of the pool and notification to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection before starting work;
- Contractors to comply with federal, state and local requirements;
- Proper management of excavated soil;
- Proper management of groundwater (i.e., dewatering);
- Compliance with pool construction and decking standards;
- Submittal of a pool installation report;
- Inspection, maintenance and repair of the pool; and
- Compliance with pool abandonment/removal procedures.
The Pool Installation Protocol must be followed. Failure to adhere to the requirements set forth in the Declaration of Restrictive Covenant and Pool Installation Protocol will result in the assessment of stipulated penalties by the HOA and could result in Florida Department of Environmental Protection enforcement.
A copy of the Pool Installation Protocol is available at the link below, along with additional information on the environmental restrictions for the property:
2A Unit I Document Center:
- HOA Fact Sheet for Residents
- Declaration of Restrictive Covenant
- Engineering Control Maintenance Plan
- Pool Installation Protocol
- Phasing Map
To determine whether your property is a Restricted Lot subject to these regulations, please reference the following chart:
|Phase 2A, Unit 1||1-15, 63-81, 98-100, and 128-131|
|Phase 2A, Unit 2|
|Phase 2A, Unit 3|
A map illustrating phases within the development is available here: (x)